Top 5 Things to consider when choosing an agent to sell your home
Are you thinking of selling your home? Here are some things to consider when hiring an agent to sell your home:
- Experience: Does the agent have a track record of success? How many homes have they sold in the last year? How many years in the business? Is the agent full time or part time? Hiring a part time agent to sell your most valuable asset may not be the best idea. Request testimonials from happy past clients. Also, hiring an agent just because they’re a friend or family member may be troublesome as well… if they are not an expert in their field and stumble through the sale of your home, a botched home sale may put a strain on that relationship.
- Marketing Strategy: Does the agent have a proven formula to attract the highest number of qualified buyers? A good agent should also be able to advise you on how to get the home market ready. Attracting lots of potential buyers means nothing if they don’t fall in love with the home. First impressions are everything.
- Brand: The logo on the “for sale” sign makes very little difference in the outcome of a successful home sale. Hiring an agent because of a “Big Brand” company name may end up being a mistake if the agent has very little experience or skillset. It’s not the brand that makes the sale successful, it’s the agent.
- Communication: Do you want to work with an effective communicator? Will that agent guide and counsel you through the whole selling process? Will they just tell you what you want to hear or will they be honest with you, even though the truth may sting a little? Does the agent answer their phone? Return calls/texts/emails promptly? When contracts and deadlines count, effective and honest communication is crucial.
- Don’t be cheap: Choosing a “discount broker” to list your home could be disastrous in the long run. If you need open heart surgery, are you going to pick a surgeon because he offers the cheapest rate or would you rather choose a surgeon who is a master of their craft? Remember… it isn’t what you pay; it’s what you “take to the bank”.
If you are considering selling your home, we would love the opportunity to apply for the job!!
If you would like a FREE, no hassle consultation, visit http://www.keeneproperties.com/Sellers-Information.aspx